Sunday, February 22, 2009

Burning Man and springtime musings...




I think this sticker may be a sign. I really have to go to Burning Man this year. Honestly, I've never really thought too much about going before. I mean it sounds cool and all, but I just haven't had this burning (pun intended) desire to go. This year I do. Maybe it's because I am at a transitional point in my life. I am going back to school, making a career change, single, and at the tail end of my Saturn Returns. I think perhaps it could shake things up for me--maybe bring about some changes I couldn't muster otherwise. The only thing stopping me is money. I am trying to get my finances in order and Burning Man isn't exactly a necessity of life. Or maybe it is. Either way, I am going to ask the Universe to point me in the right direction--hopefully this will lead to my finding the extra cash for a ticket. Until then, this self portrait may be the closest I actually get to Burning man this year.




I'm not quite sure what kind of grass this is, but I like it. Especially when it's sunny out and the light makes the tops glow golden. No golden light today--just a quick break before the rain starts again. It's one of those manic-depressive weather sort of days here. Rainy! Sunny! Rainy! Sunny! Rain and sun at the same time! I do love Oregon and her quirky weather.







I really love crocus. They are such brave flowers.  We still have a while to go before spring is actually here. It is still below freezing most nights and frosty most mornings, but I can't help but get excited about warmer weather when I see them. Aside from a few others, they are the first flowers to show their faces around here. That's all I have for today. It's about to rain again and I have plenty of things to keep me busy indoors.




No comments:

Post a Comment